The Strategic Plan of the college spelled out the College’ Vision, Mission and Goals, to wit:
To make the College the premiere center of forestry and environmental studies for sustainable development of our forest resources and the environment for the common good.
- Developing leadership and cooperation in spreading the doctrine of forest and environmental conservation;
- Building people’s capabilities in the sustainable management of forest resources and the environment;
- Crafting and spreading environmentally sound technologies as vehicles towards development and progress;
- Creating opportunities for development as a tool in eradicating poverty and enhancing the quality of life.
- Producing professionals, leaders, managers and technicians in forestry and environmental management;
- Developing, packaging and transferring forestry and environmental technologies through institutional linkages and networking;
- Offering dynamic, relevant and responsive curricular programs;
- Spearheading the sustainable multiple-use management of the Lake Lanao watershed.