The College hopes to become the center of excellence for the hospitality and tourism industry in MINSUPALA.
The College, aside from its traditional functions in instruction, research and extension, shall produce quality and responsive workers, professionals and entrepreneurs who are highly nationalistic, humane and morally upright as they contribute to the development of tourism industry in the MINSUPALA Region and the country as a whole.
The university created the Center for Hotel and Restaurant Management in 1973 with the following objectives:
- To devise, initiate and conduct training programs intended to develop a reservoir of trained manpower for the hospitality industry in the MINSUPALA Region.
- To provide extension programs, either through short-term training seminars or direct technical assistance, to existing hospitality enterprise in the area with the end view of upgrading their technical and managerial knowhow;
- To manage, direct and operate all existing or prospective hospitality facilities of the University on a commercial basis; to see to it that they are operated with efficiency to the end that they will be self-liquidating.
- To assume responsibility for the reception, accommodating and billeting of all official University guests;
- In cooperation with the Home Economics Department, to plan, establish and operate a “test” kitchen to serve as a laboratory for the research and testing of recipes using primarily indigenous materials which shall be acceptable to people in the area, particularly, the Muslims;
- In cooperation with other government agencies and the private sector, to promote and stimulate tourism in the region;
- To provide technical of the University, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or such other University Committees as maybe formed for the generation of projects intended to provide support for the establishment and/or expansion of the University, either thru tie-ups with other government agencies and/or private entities;
- To provide technical assistance and support to other units and/or branches of the University in the design, construction, management and operation of their own cafeterias and/or guest houses.