The MSU Masiu Community High School is located at Amaiditimbang Balindong, Masiu, Lanao del Sur, with a total land area of 100 square meters and a housed at the old building of the defunct Pacasum College Masiu Branch, founded by the Late Shiek Rangiris Cadayon.
Then, MSU Masiu CHS was created in 1978 with BOR resolution No. 1589, 85th meeting, by the initiative of Late Mayor. Hadji Acmad Ditanggongan T. Rangiris of Masiu, Lanao del Sur, who made a resolution requesting the Office of the President of the Mindanao State University under the leadership of Late Gov. Mohammad Ali B. Dimaporo who was then concurrent Acting MSU System President, for the conversion of Pacasum College Masiu branch into one of the External Units of the University under the direct supervision of the Office of the Vice President for External Studies.
Further, as per entry No. 2928 a Memorandum of Agreement entered into by and between the Pacasum College Masiu Branch, as the party of the first part and the Mindanao State University as party of the second part which was executed before notary public Acmad Angad on April 8, 1978 and entered in his notarial register as doc. No.425, pages. 89, Book. 1, series of 1978, that the land-site of the Pacasum College Masiu Branch with an appraisal value of 50,000.00 Pesos which the party of the first part donated to the party of the second part is a portion of a parcel of land under Original Certificate of Title No. RPAT-562(8-2367) in the name of heirs of Mama Caisan and now transferred to Hadji Acmad Ditanggongan T. Rangiris under transfer Certificate of Title No. TAF-1354.
Thereafter, in school year 1977-1978, the above said school was absorbed by the University carrying the name of MSU Rangiris high School during the first 4 years of its operation in honor and in memory of Late Shiek Rangiris Cadayon, the name MSU Rangiris was officially changed to MSU Masiu Community High School by an order given to the principal Prof. Lily Ditucalan from the Office of the Vice President for External Studies.
MSU Masiu during its first year of operation had more than 200 students distributed to the different year levels with only 12 faculty and 7 administrative personnel under the principalship of Dr. Mama Guiling. As years went on, there was a rapid increased of its population, and its faculty and staff had also increased to twenty three (23) faculty and (8) administrative personnel.
In line with the University vision to be premier-super University in Mindanao-Sulu Palawan region, the External Units envision academic excellence and development of a well-rounded person.
In pursuing its vision, the External units propose the following mission statements:
To provide and equip the students with basic knowledge, skills and values to grow academically, socially and economically for the total development of a well-rounded personality.
Prof. Fatimah B. Rangiris
Mindanao State University
Masiu Community High School
Masiu, Lanao del Sur
Sunday-Thursday 7:00A.M. – 5:00P.M.
The MSU-Masiu Community High School is one of the 13 External Units of Mindanao State University which offers the cheapest yet standardized education. Since its establishment, it has been an avenue for making, molding, and creating professionals and leaders.
In addition, the school has been offering a community-friendly and student-friendly ambiance which helps the the students study conveniently and realize cultural and community sensitivity alongside learning the different contents that are offered in each curriculum.
Come & Join Us!