DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Vice President for Planning and Development shall be appointed by the Board of Regents upon recommendation of the University President and shall serve for a term of five
(5) years without prejudice to reappointment for another term. He shall be responsible to the President for providing substantive inputs for the planning and coordination of system-wide policies, programs, systems, and standards for planning and development. (Section 67. MSU Code of Governance)
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
The Vice President for Planning and Development shall:
1. Assist the President in the planning, monitoring, review, and coordination of:
a) planning and development programs, policies, and standards for the University System;
b) technology transfer programs unique to the resources of the autonomous campuses;
2. Conduct system-wide development studies as inputs for the development and implementation of training programs, conferences, seminars, and continuing education programs for the constituents of Southern Philippines in the indigenous needs and resources of the area;
3. Explore the establishment and exist in the promotion and maintenance of linkages with local foreign agencies or institutions for joint researchers, conferences, seminars or training programs on the indigenous
technology, research development studies and technology transfers relevant to the Muslim and other cultural community groups of the Southern Philippine Region;
4. Submit to the President within thirty (30) days before the end of every Fiscal Year a comprehensive annual report setting forth the progress, conditions and needs of the research and extension programs of the University, and submit such other reports as may be requested by the President from time to time;
5. Exercise such other specific functions as may be delegated to him in writing by the President, consistent with existing regulations and policies of the Board of Regents. (Section 68, MSU Code of Governance)
The Office of the Vice President for Planning and Development (OVPPD) envisions to be a catalyst in producing globally recognized development plans essential in promoting technology-transfer programs, quality instruction, research, and extension services for the advancement of the MSU System towards excellence.
OVPPD is committed to provide relevant and comprehensive inputs for the planning, review, monitoring, evaluation and coordination of policies, procedures, programs, systems and standards for the development of the MSU System.
Carimah B. Datu-dacula
Old Admin Building
Mindanao State University
Marawi City, Philippines
+63 909 833 7976
Mon – Fri 8:00A.M. – 5:00P.M.
The Office of the Vice President for Planning and Development (OVPPD) is mandated by law in accordance to the University Code of Governance Article 5 Section 68 to wit;
Come & Visit Us!